You have no items in your cart.
Banana Gluten Free Bread (1 Loaf, or 12 Servings)
- 300g smashed ripe banana
- 3-4 free range or organic eggs
- 2 free range or organic egg yolks
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- 30g cold pressed virgin coconut oil
- 30g melted butter from grass fed cow (Anchor brand)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda, aluminium free
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, or Bragg organic & raw apple cider vinegar
- 200g (2cups) almond flour/meal
- 25g (1/4 cup) golden flax seed meal or chia seed
- Preheat your oven to 160°C (320°F)
- Combine smashed banana, coconut oil, butter, cinnamon, vanilla, eggs, almond meal and flax seed in a mixing bowl, or use food processor to create smoother texture
- Add baking soda and pour lemon or apple cider vinegar on it to activate
- Mix well with a whisker, or blend for 10 to 15 seconds in a food processor
- Lightly oil one loaf tin about 255x130mm with coconut oil or ghee (high heat resistant fat), and then coat liberally with extra almond meal or desiccated coconut to prevent cake from sticking.
- Other option is simply line the tin with a non-stick baking paper
- Spoon batter into the tin and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour (a skewer inserted into the center should come out dry)
- Cover the top with foil if it starts to over brown but the inside is still wet, turn the heat down by 5 to 10 degree Celsius, bake until its done.
- Remove from the oven and rest 3 to 5 minutes before taking out the loaf from the tin. Let cool on the counter before cutting